Walk A Mile In Her Shoes...


Shivani Persad





How did you get into Modelling?

People had always asked me if I did it, and I was brought up to think it wasn’t a real career, so I never looked into it. I then got scouted while on a trip to Canadian Idol with my dance team, and once I realized someone in the entertainment industry thought I could do it, then I started to believe in myself. Then I started meeting with agencies and the rest is history. 


The best thing about being model?

Hands down the best thing about modelling is travelling and getting to work with different people everyday. Not many jobs can offer you that. 


The worst thing about being a model?

Instability. I never know where I’m going to be next week or even tomorrow. One call from my mother agency and I gotta hop on a plane somewhere. It causes a lot of anxiety, and it’s hard because you can’t really make any concrete plans.


You're a model which means you have great fashion sense but can you think of any footwear crimes you have committed in the past? 

I used to to buy really colorful shoes and end up making my outfits look off. Now I realize neutral is way more my style and looks more put together.


Describe your footwear style in 1 sentence?

Comfortable but also chic. 


What’s the most memorable pair of shoes you can remember shooting in?

My first big shoot I got to wear the classic spikey Louboutins. They were super uncomfortable, but it was the first time I'd ever worn designer shoes. 


Sneakers or ballet pumps when you’re not on model duties?

Sneakers 100%


Plain or pattern?

Always plain!


Stone wash or tie-dye?

Neither.


The most expensive pair of shoes you own?

I don't own a pair over $120. But I did win a pair once that was $300 something.


Sneakers or heels?

Sneakers all day err day.


Stileto or Wedge?

Stileto, wedges scream resort wear to me.


Lipstick or lip-gloss? 

Lipstick = Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Bansar is my fave


Cats or dogs?

Dogs, but I do love me a cute kitty


You’re on a day of castings - what shoes do you travel in and what heels do you change into?

Always my nikes and I'd cange into my Schutz heels.


What's the one pair of shoes you can't live without? 

My Nikes 


What's on your iPod right now? 

I love all music, I have soca, country, hip hop, r&b, pop, old school


What makes you go to sleep? 

- A long day's work


If you could time warp yourself to any point in history when would it be, who would you hang out with?

Hmmm, that’s a good one. I’m not sure. I wouldn’t mind chilling with the Dalai Lama though. Or Nelson Mandela. Maybe India in the 1930s.


What is the most precious thing in your wardrobe? 

My Oasis skinny jeans.


If Ryan Gosling came over to you right now, what would you say to him?

Why did you have a baby with Eva Mendez and not me? No, I’m totally kidding. How do you keep your life so private?


Your best friends plan a last minute night out - what pair of shoes do you grab first?

Probably my Schutz or a pair of pleather Washingtons I have.


Its your birthday - do you plan your shoes around your outfit? or your outfit around your shoes?

Outfit around shoes.


Suede or patent?

Suede


Favourite place to shoe shop?

Online or Aldo.


Best shoe bargains?

ONLINE!!


Your favourite footwear designer of the moment?

Schutz 


What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?

So much. All the time. I just did a presentation for Vogue Fashion Fund and tripped on a clothing rack in front of everyone RIGHT BEFORE I walked out to see Anna Wintour and Diane Von Furstenburg. I was limping the rest of the show. LOL!


What's the biggest shopping mistake you've ever made?

I always forget to buy basics!


What's your biggest inspiration?

My parents.



I - @liveshiv
T - @liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment