Where have your January goals landed you so far?




One of my goals for this year was to read a book (or more - ha very optimistic) a month. I also said that they would have to be something different to the normal fashion books I usually read. One of the goals I have achieved (HURRAH!) - I've managed to finish the book I started on the 1st of January, BUT it was a fashion book! (boohoo!). However, the reason I let this one book pass, (I know there shouldn't be any excuses) was because it was a memoirs book. To be exact Grace Coddington's Memoirs. This book has been sitting on my shelf for the better part of two years now, if not longer and my aim was to get through it bit by bit. As it happens it turned out to be a book I just couldn't put down. Some of you will already know who she is, and if you do, then this book is super fascinating. For those of you who don't, its someone you just have to get to know by reading her book. Ill be the first to admit that I only started recognising her ever since she GRACED (haha! get it?!) our screens for the September Issue documentary. I was intrigued by her influence and passion for her job and how this connected to avid Vogue readers like me. I had no idea that she had so much authority over the main photo diary spread in each months installment of Vogue and this book pretty much covers every one of her favourite memories (and not so favourite) shooting with some of the top fashion photographers around, Peter Lindbergh, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel - you name it she's shot with them. I guess for me it was an insiders view of a job that was very much tailored to her but for every one else looking in a job that only she could do because of her eye for clothing and curating. I totally got lost in the pages for hours on end, when I really should have been sleeping but I think it was totally worth it! Definitely worth a read and if not for the reading then for the cute illustrations by Grace that are dotted through out the book.

Now, there was an endless list of goals that I wanted to achieve, daily, monthly and for the whole year, they all had different time frames on them - but its always good to look over the goals list regularly to get you in line for the next few days or months ahead! - you never know where they may land you!


No comments:

Post a Comment