The Traveling Notebook of Shoe Makers


Chapter 3: Yuji




I was fortunate enough to meet Yuji on my recent trip to NYC when I meet Elizabeth Dunn at the Brooklyn Shoe Space studio, I had been following him on social media for quite some time so it was nice to finally meet him in person, and see how he works too. In short I was blown away by his skill and workmanship. A Japanese native Yuji finds comfort working on low tables as he did while working as a shoe maker in Japan so much so that he has a small set up in the studio too. At the time I was at the studio he was hand welting a private commission that he had been working on for a while, - it was a true piece of art work. I can't wait to see what he will be making next - be sure to keep up to date with his work via Instagram, there are some stunning work in progress images to feast your eyes on.









No comments:

Post a Comment