Designing



Since I've started my adventure into the footwear industry everything has become about inspiration - how a shoe is made and the leather and finishings used. Generally when I get into design mode I tend to flick through magazines, print off screenshots from my phone or scroll through Pinterest. I get everything down onto a massive A1 board to get all my inspiration and thoughts in one place and start designing from there. However when I went about designing yesterday I already knew what I wanted, it was more about making a mock up and experimenting. I used scrap leather that I had to make up just the right foot so that I could get a sense of the heel height and look. (I have a completely different colour of suede for the final pair in mind, which will take searching for but I was quite taken by the khaki colour by the end of it!) I documented the design process yesterday by taking photos on my phone and camera so I'm sorry for the change in quality of the images. Keep an eye open for the finished pair soon!



























No comments:

Post a Comment