London Fashion Weekend




So forgive me for my irregular posts the last two weeks, I have been up to my eyeballs with LFW, events, shoots and best friends birthdays! I’m back into my normal routine and reflecting on the busy two weeks I've had. With that in mind this weekend I spent my time at Somerset House for the London Fashion Weekend event, which was everything and more. I was lucky enough to be given a press pass by one of my good friends to document behind the scenes, runway shows and the pop up stores on Saturday. This was a real insight, the most exciting perk was being able to sit in prime position at the end of the runway with the rest of the press.






The Outnet who provided the clothing from a range of 250 designers that they showcase online put on a fantastic show bringing the latest summer fashion trends to look out for. The trend I was most happy to see revived was the 70’s fashion and culture, so think flares, fringing, crochet, mood rings centre partings with Farrah Fawcett flicks and you’ll fit right in this summer (I have been biding my time to wear to my Reiss 1971 flare jeans I bought about 3 years ago - whether I fit in them will be another question). Hyper florals, monochrome and metallics also featured as trends in the show. Below are some of the pictures I managed to get at the end of the runway. I typically focused on the footwear; strappy sandals were still relevant but my favourites were a pair of brown leather platforms and these flat gladiator style sandals which really stood out to me and were both in the 70’s trend show.
































Sunday ran pretty much as expected, it was the last day of shows and the pop stores so this meant extra discounts and frenzied shoppers scoping out the last bargains. Sunday was the day I spent most of my time looking at the stores. Some of the pop ups were fantastic, there were brands like Sass & Bide, Rag  & Bone, Amanda Wakeley and others that had stands all with cut prices. Some of the footwear stands were perfect for handling a pair of shoes you have only seen on runways and  magazines, Kirkwood, Rossi, Wang and Olympia to name a few were among the many shoes in the footwear and accessories hall and all with discounted prices to.


Joanne Stoker




















Sergio Rossi




















Muubaa




















Vivienne Westwood




















If you missed out this season, fear not 6 months will fly by and in September it will all start again, with that said I would suggest saving your money (deter from your splurge list) and hold out for the discounted rates you will receive at the pop stores at the end of next season. Tickets for the event go on sale closer to the time so keep your eyes peeled.


Website

Instagram

Tickets
Bronze: £20
Silver: £38
Gold: £50
Luxe: £130

Extras
Talks and Seminars with designers and bloggers
Tote bags with free goodies and a canvas bag
Champagne
 And if you are lucky some extra freebies that the exhibitors provide randomly

Location
Somerset House (Strand Entrance)

Tube:
Temple
Embankment
Charing Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment